Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Update--Amy

I almost forgot to update you on what I've been doing lately!  I've been pretty busy lately.  I think summer is more crazy for me than the school year.  Ashley and I have been working at the bed & breakfast.  It's been fun to meet so many people.  This is our third summer working there.  They recently added a family room, which has been pretty popular.  If you want to see what the rooms look like, go to this website. It has been updated recently with pictures of the new room and some more recent photos of some of the older rooms.  http://www.lionsgatemanor.com/  My favorite rooms are the Medieval Chamber and Secret Garden.

I've also been having a lot of fun getting my classroom ready for next year.  I'm doing a castle theme next year and I have lots of fun ideas.  Ashley has helped me a lot.  We made an enchanted forest for the kids to sit in when they read.  It turned out really cute.  I'll take pictures next time I go to the school and I'll post them.  I've also been making things for the kids to put their school supplies in.  I took clay pots that I found on sale for 25 cents each and I painted them jewel tones with gold rims.  I glued on fake jewels and they are really fun.  I'll have to take some pictures of those too.

The most exciting thing lately has been that I got a new car a couple of days ago.  The radiator in the van cracked and it was going to be more to fix it than it is worth.  It was costing way too much gas money to have just Dad's truck for transportation so we started looking at our options.  I got a really good deal on the car with low payments.  It's a 2001 Honda Civic.  It has been such a relief to have a reliable car that is in good condition and gets good gas mileage!  I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Pictures??? Where are they??? I want to see your new car!!!